The first guinea pig participant of TwitLight is @FrustratedFury. One of the reasons I picked him as the first is that I remember following him early on when he joined Twitter as @cory_grimes was podcasting with him and for some reason it’s nice seeing how people go on from first using the service.
In this TwitLight he talks about wanting to be the captain of the Enterprise even though he has a fear of heights, the difficult road of finding his Gamertag, and his preference for icecream. And ladies, he’s working out!
1. Where are you from?
2. How old are you?
3. What do you do for a living?
I work in security for Toyota distributions otherwise known as a security guard.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Funny story for that one. Originally, I had to pick a “gamertag.” I had no clue of what a gamertag was, so I just hit random. It came up with “HeadfirstVance.” My name is not Vance in any way. I soon found out that your gamertag is what people know you by. So I promptly changed it to FearFreedom kinda like, you know, the war on terror? I stuck with that for a good two years until my online friends started calling me frustration all the time due to my attitude to playing games. I then changed it to FrustratedFury and called it a day.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
I have absolutely no idea of what I want to be “when I grow up.” I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid, but that really didn’t pan out too well. (Fear of heights.)
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
Indestructible. The theme song to Street Fighter IV.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Nope, but I do notice a lot of my friends do…
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
I read a lot of Game Informer when I can. I’m also enjoying Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
Well, as previously mentioned I play a ton of Street Fighter IV. I’m somewhat of a fighting game aficionado. I’m also playing through Resident Evil 5 and Killzone 2.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Very rainy and a little chilly.
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
Record a podcast and play a few more games.
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
Tom Selleck in any male lead of a television show. He was Thomas Sullivan Magnum, IV in Magnum P.I. which was the most awesome show ever created.
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
You kidding me? Captain! I just want to say “Engage” all the time.
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realized I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
I get up at 4:45 every morning so you probably would see me until 2:00pm. So, yeah, I’d be an awesome flatmate (we call them roommates over here.
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realize you were sucked in by it?
I’ve been on since I started working for PS3evolved.net so, about seven months? I was hooked right away. I only wish I could type more in one post.
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
I have never even touched a Mac so I guess by default, PC.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Ice cream without a doubt. I can only have cake once or twice a year, usually during birthdays and special events. I just get sick of it really fast.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am sore and I frown, but I feel great and happy, because I’ve been working out and getting back into shape.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick?
Well, my full name is Drew Leachman. I’m a fun loving guy. I did decent in both high school and college, but have absolutely no direction. I am a huge geek and tell everyone.
I live by two statements: #1. Never make a promise you can’t keep. #2 If you put too much thought into what other people think about you, you’re not putting enough emphasis on what you think about yourself.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
I have started working out again. I haven’t worked out in over 5 years.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
- I’m on Facebook under Drew Leachman, of course.
- I also co-host a podcast called Evolved Gaming. You can find it both on iTunes and EvolvedGaming.
- I am also a writer for PS3Evolved.
- I have both an Xbox Live account and PlayStation Network account under the name FrustratedFury.
- And, of course, I have a Twitter account where you can follow all my antics.
23. Any more comments?
I’m always looking for new contacts, whether it is for gaming or just fun friendly conversations.
Also, give my website and podcast a try. We’re always looking for new listeners. Plus, we give out free stuff on the show sometimes so, keep an open ear! Thanks again for letting me answer these questions. I’ll catch you guys later!
Thank you very much for taking part in this!