It’s Monday which means there obviously is going to be a new edition of TwitLight!
Today I’d like to introduce you all to @Assassin10k. His real name is Brandon, although he shouldn’t be confused with @lostassassin13 whose name is also Brandon. I think it’s been about 1 1/2 years since I first came across @Assassin10k on Twitter and I’m not sure who first followed the other, but it’s definitely been worth it!
I remember random conversations involving shooting whoever came up with the term crunchtime or his obsession with Fallout 3 which lasted many, many months and is still ongoing!
Do have a look at his profile and his sites and, of course, read his TwitLight in which he mentions how he wants to be my favourite TV show character!
Lookie here, it’s @Assassin10k!
1. Where are you from?
I’m from Rancho Santa Margarita, California but I grew up in a small town in Washington State.
2. How old are you?
I’m 28 with the mind of a 12 year old.
3. What do you do for a living?
Right now I play Video Games and runs a couple of websites. I don’t actually get paid or anything for the work I do, but it is my job… sort of. (half stolen from knocked up but so very true). Basically I’m unemployed at the moment.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
I have an obsession with Assassin’s especially from the medieval times. The 10k comes from the site where I first started out.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
I wanted to be a Private Detective, but it seems someone had another plan for me. For the record, I still haven’t grown up quite yet.
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
That damn Fergie and Will.I.Am song Boom Boom Pow. It’s been on the radio, playing over and over for the last few weeks.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Nope, sure don’t. I guess I should check it out someday, since it seems to be pretty popular.
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
Always reading video game press releases it seems or twitter.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
Well, I would say Fallout 3 but I’m a little bitter towards it. So currently I’m playing Shellshock 2. I had low expectations for the game, so it is quite a bit better than I thought it would be.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Sunny as always, I wish it would rain more here.
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
Play some games, help my son with his homework, cook dinner, work on my website. I live an exciting life as you can tell.
@Assassin10k’s gaming setup
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
Michael Weston on Burn Notice! He kicks so much ass!
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
Captain of course! I’d turn the ship into a space pirate ship though and terrorize the entire galaxy!
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
Well, I’m pretty damn grumpy in the mornings too, especially if I can’t locate any coffee, so I’m sure we would get along just fine.
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
Alltop.com tons of news all in one place.
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
I’ve been on twitter for almost 2 years now. I realized I was sucked in, about a month in when I couldn’t put my phone down during dinner anymore.
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
Mac hands down, I’ve had a macbook for 3 and a half years and not one problem. I’ve gone through 3 PC’s in that time.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Definitely ice cream, cake is too dry for me.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am lazy and I tired, but can’t sleep, because I have stuff to do.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
I’m very laid back, I’m never the center of attention in a crowd, I live life for my son, I’m very addicted to video games, I hate living in California, I love learning new things. If I find something I like I become obsessed with learning about it.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
Being the first person on the internet to have an Ingot Location guide for Fallout 3 and getting all kinds credited on major sites like, Xbox360achievements.org, Planet Fallout, The Fallout Wiki and many, many, others. Gamefaqs sucks though they are guide stealers!
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
Most of the time I’m on my sites wouldyoukindly.com or nuka-cola.net. I can always be found via twitter or at the10k.com. I have a second family of awesome people at The ATC, but only the 1337 may enter.
I pretty much live on the internet so I’m always accessible.
23. Any more comments?
Just that you’re awesome!
Thank you very, very much for taking part!