I have been blogging here for five years now. Some stats and things:
- Posts: 655
- Comments: 4,777
- Categories: 222
- All-time views: 357,893
- Views on busiest day: 3,501
- Busiest day: July 27th 2007
- Numerous design changes
- I love wordpress.com
- Running as carocat.wordpress.com from September 4th until October 6th 2007.
- Bought carocat.co.uk on October 6th and have used it since.
- My first posts still make me cringe..
Top 10 posts:
- Home page – 63,824
- How to change your Xbox Live Gamertag – 40,227
- Size Zero? – 27,782
- Oblivion Walkthrough – 15,701
- “Does Harry Potter die in the Order of the the Phoenix?” – 14,551
- Splinter Cell Double Agent – 8,445
- Save the Vowels! – My view – 7,735
- Rainbow Six Vegas demo – 7,492
- Oblivion – I am NOT impressed – 6,700
- Assassins Creed – 5,269
Top 10 search terms:
- oblivion walkthrough – 8,918
- size zero – 7,104
- does harry potter die – 6,436
- adventskranz – 4,410
- rainbow six vegas demo – 3,348
- does harry potter die? – 3,348
- gamertag generator – 2,390
- avenue q – 2,069
- carrie underwood – 2,019
- bioshock music – 1,704
- [carocat is at 28th position with 616 searches]
Top 10 referrers:
- Twitter – 2,740
- StumbleUpon – 1,495
- WordPress.com – 896
- en.forums.wordpress.com – 740
- britishblogs.co.uk – 648
- search.live.com – 619
- Google – 526
- carocat.tumblr.com – 442
- community.matchbox360.co.uk – 317
- images.google.com – 269
I never thought I’d be blogging for such a long time and my focus has definitely changed from having a blog I wanted people to read to something I mostly just use to note my thoughts down or vent anger. There are many posts that I would rather not see any more and I have deleted a handful of posts over the years. I have also modified a number of posts to remove references, place names or people, even though I have never used anyone’s real name if they didn’t want me to.
It has also gotten me in trouble with friends before when I blogged about something and they thought it was related to them. All but one time it turns out I wasn’t actually referring to them. On the other hand I have received great advice in situations when I needed it.
I have met many great people through this blog and has a whole am incredibly proud of it and especially that I have kept it up for this long.