As I’ve mentioned in my previous post, I was on a brief trip back home. And brief it was indeed as I spent less than 27 hours off the coach in Germany, yet still managed to get a lot done.
For some reason none of my tweets through Friday got posted and they’re taken from my phone’s memory.
- Busy day starting now and it’s still raining. The umbrella [ella ella eh eh..] didn’t even have a chance to properly dry from last night! #
- Going back to places I used to volunteer at always makes me feel guilty for leaving, especially talking to someone who has done it for 30 years!
- I now officially feel old. I’ve just met up with someone I knew for seven years yet hadn’t seen in ten years!
- I fear that the leaflet I just put in my bag was enough to shift my bag from being carryable to ‘OMG, I’m going to die’.
- Public transport update: #CatIsOnASBahn. Also played the #CatIsOnATram game six times today. Needs more varied leveldesign!
- After much confusion, rude drivers and misinformation, I can finally say #CatIsOnACoach departing Frankfurt!
- Just passing through Cologne. Having a fairly good journey so far with nice people to have a laugh with. #CatIsOnACoach with legroom!
- So what if I want to move to Belgium just to use the BEL PROXIMUS phone network?! Sounds so much better than any of the UK ones! #CatIsOnACoach
- Ah yes, the Dutch accent.. Seems like all of Gent is put partying tonight in the pouring rain. Did I miss some major event? #CatIsOnACoach
- Bus driver getting increasingly erratic with passengers. Just kicked some off the coach for being on the wrong coach despite him checking tickets.
- And from bad to worse, driver nearly had a fight with fellow passenger. Counting down the hours until London.. #CatIsOnACoach
- *waves hello to the white cliffs of Dover* #CatIsOnACoach http://twitpic.com/2tt0mq #
- No moonwalking? Seen at London Victoria coach station. @satscenes http://twitpic.com/2tx835 #
- Back home after a few days of too much travelling on coaches. Writing complaints email about driver; racism, endangerment, aggressiveness.. #
Generally the trip was good, I got to catch up with a couple of friends I hadn’t seen and ran into a former schoolfriend which was a weird conversation.
There were some downsides, such as the trip back and the overall exhaustion, but I’m glad I did go home as it was a nice change and, as always, made me happy about being in the UK.
There are a few things upcoming, I’m planning to take full advantage of National Express’ £1 seat offer. Some trips I’ve been looking at are visiting friends in Sheffield and Exeter and perhaps some other places, such as Scotland as I really haven’t been around much in the UK.